Followers

Sunday 20 March 2016

Springtime in Cumbria.

Good afternoon all and thanks for popping in today, I do hope that you have had a lovely weekend.

It was our monthly craft session in Cumbria yesterday, as always it is a pleasure to be crafting in the same room with these wonderful ladies and gentleman...

We stared our day with grunge paste and Clarity stencils, to make our base , ready for paint and then some stamping...( we also added some gilding wax....onto our hook, unfortunately I called it a knob!!!!! As you can imagine....it all got rather silly!!!!! )

These wall mounted hooks are so useful , I have one for my keys and another for the dog leads..

We also had a play with some Ultra Thick Embossing powder and the windmill set of Clarity stamps...

The idea was to make a tile , a sort of Delft design

Then we just had to do some Smooshing....it went so well with the tea and cake...

Look at these, I love the effect and the colours are fab...

It is amazing how quickly the time goes when you craft with friends....

An added bonus too was that the sun was shinning for the drive home...

It has been another lovely Spring day today,,.and as I had some work to do this afternoon we decided to take the dogs to Dunham Massey this morning,,,it is such a great place for a walk...

We saw lots of deer , but they were all in their sanctuary so a little far away for a good photo...( sorry )

Tess and Eric had a great time..

They have slept all afternoon

The Sunday dinner is cooking , pork today...and I just have time to fetch the dry washing in before I dish out our food.

So I will love you and leave you for today,

Thanks for your company...

As always...take care and call back soon

Jo. xxx

 

9 comments:

Lisapmac said...

Fab artwork from your class. Great pictures of the pooches too, big loves from our 3 xx

Chrissie Roberts said...

Some lovely works of art on show here Jo. I love the little hooks. I might have a look for some of those when I can. I've been busy with mirrors and grunge paste. Needless to say I'm all messy.
Karl will have enjoyed this afternoon - at our cost lol. You really must stop wearing red!

Take care x

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Lisa, and hugs back to your three from Tess and Eric xxx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Chrissie, glad you have been crafting...and yes Karl is smiling....those good old red knickers!!!!
Will be thinking about you on Wednesday , hope all goes well...hugs...xxx

rachel said...

it was such a wonderful day Jo - thankyou again for your wonderful ideas and fabulous company! Hugs rachel x

Theresa said...

great projects. what lucky ladies to be able to come to your workshops, hugs xx

Naomi said...

Beautiful pieces Jo. Lokks like everyone had some super makes. xxx

Unknown said...

It looks like everyone had a great time at your class Jo with beautiful results too :-) xx

Donna Brooks said...

Oh my goodness I can't believe how grown up Eric looks! Great home deco projects. Xx