Followers

Thursday 10 March 2016

Pure Clarity for our Wednesday Workshops.

Good morning all and thanks for looking in today.

I have just got back from Tesco, where I had to go to buy more shaving foam and supplies ready for our Glasgow workshop on Saturday....oh we are going to be foaming and smooshing......

I am really looking forward to catching up and spending time with my lovely friends north of the border.

Now yesterday was our usual Hazel Grove classes, but they were quite unusual as the church where we meet is having problems with its roof....and there were lots of builders around.....we had leaky ceilings, and men popping in from time to time, but us crafters got on with our projects, and I did try and behave.....!!!!!

Didn't I ladies???

We use the beautiful Alice stamp....oh I do love her...

Our topic for the day was paper piecing.....this is a great way of using up those little scraps of patterned paper that we keep. It is an ideal way to change Alice's dress....reminded me of the books we had when we were little ( yes Mandy ...I know...I am still little !!!) the ones where you could dress the paper dolls....

Our first design was pure clarity and we used a circle aperture stencil, moon mask and one of the Wee tree stamps.

For our second design we used the Wee Foliage stamps, now these are silhouette stamps but I wanted to show the ladies how you can use different colours of ink on them at the same time to give a different effect.

I wanted Alice to be sat in a lovely meadow....just dreaming.....

This technique works really well on watercolour card too.....

It was lovely to meet Debbie yesterday and I am looking forward to crafting with her again...what a lovely lady.

I did manage to take a photo of the afternoon ladies...I was busy talking all morning....sorry....

I blame the builders for distracting me....

It is amazing how quickly the time goes at these classes, ....but then time does fly when you are having fun....

And that is what crafting should be....

Right , I had better get on, as I need to reorganise all my craft bags ready to travel up to Glasgow tomorrow...you see I do different projects at all my workshops. I feel that all my crafters deserve as much individual attention as possible...although it does muddle with my head at times......

Thank goodness for lists...

Enjoy the rest of your day

Much love and hugs

Jo. xxx

 

12 comments:

Yvonne said...

Wow I get exhausted just reading about your shenanigans Jo!
Love this little lady she's so pretty.
Have a good journey to Scotland xxxx

Chrissie Roberts said...

That was a sneaky photo Jo! But yes you did TRY to behave and as always it was a lovely afternoon. I loved doing these. They just gave a feeling of spring and after all this snow (gone at last) it was just what I needed. Have fun in Scotland and drive carefully.
Stay safe. x

Unknown said...

Lovely cards Jo, as always, enjoy your trip to Bonnie Scotland xxx

Barbara Finch said...

Bless your muddled head Jo!- it brings us all such lovely projects to work on at our workshops. Xx

Lynne Bishop said...

Lovely projects Jo. I am sure all your ladies had a great time. You are so right the time does go so quickly, looking forward to my Saturday class with Sazz. Have a good trip to Glasgow. xx

Jane said...

They are lovely projects Jo! And the ladies all look like they enjoyed doing them! X

Jane said...

They are lovely projects Jo! And the ladies all look like they enjoyed doing them! X

rachel said...

amazing projects Jo - love them all - she's a beauty - not seen her before! Glad to know that you behaved yourself! Well done! Hugs Rachel x

Theresa said...

great projects. you are such a busy lady. enjoy your glasgow trip, hugs xxx

Emma Burns said...

Marvellous cards and now it is time for us Scottish Clarity Crafters to get together...yippee!

Unknown said...

Have fun in Glasgow, sorry I cannot join you x

Angela said...

Lovley cards Jo. Have fun in Glasgow xx