Followers

Tuesday 8 March 2016

Must have mask...

Good afternoon all, I do hope that your day is going well. I have just finished packing my bags ready for crafty play tomorrow in Hazel Grove. We have a couple of new ladies coming to join us, so I must try and be on my best behaviour. ( mmmm don't hold your breath )

Today I want to show you a wonderful new Clarity mask..The Spots mask.......it is just gorgeous....and can be found here...

http://www.claritystamp.co.uk/Accessories/Clarity-Masks/19540-/Spots-MASK

There is a star one too...

As soon as mine arrived , I just had to have a play....now as I was actually really busy , I just used whatever was on my desk...so I hope you like it...

This is how the madk comes....oh bubbly chocolate comes to mind...

I wanted to try using both parts of the mask

So I started with the inner parts...

Then added some distress inks.

And some water spritzing...then removed the masks...oh I do love that...

Next I added some stamping,,,using the Wee Fairies ...

On a separate piece of card, I used the outer part of the mask

And the same three Distress Inks.

 

And then a word from the word chains.,

When I put the two together , this is what I had....I love both these backgrounds....so you have a favourite?

Then just to finish off I added a few dewdrops...carefully placed over some stars...

Oh yes , I can see me using these so much...

I really need to have a play with the Stars.....but Tess and Eric have other ideas....it is that time again...

Another dog walk...and it is raining..,.oh well...

Better get wrapped up...have a lovely evening...and thanks so much for joining me .....and even more for taking the time to comment....

Much love and hugs..

Jo.,xxx

 

17 comments:

LMD. Cards said...

As always a pretty and clever bit of art. Inspiration for us. Looking forward to seeing you in Glasgow on Saturday.

Unknown said...

Love these and I love those fairies x

Unknown said...

Wow fab-u-lous. I think they look great either way. Beautiful piece of artwork as always Jo! xxx

Chrissie Roberts said...

Lovely card Jo. I like both too but then I always love your use of colour. Enjoy your evening x

Jane said...

Great card Jo and thanks for telling us about these masks! xx

gwen70 said...

Beautiful masks, a definite must have

Barbara Finch said...

Knew this was yours Jo as soon as it started to appear on my timeline! The colours are so lovely and I do like the masks. Hope the fairies might fly them up to Cumbria along with the stars! Xx

Unknown said...

Love it! Off to Claritystamps to add the mask to my order - thank you!

Saintly Lisa said...

Lovely card Jo and what a fabulous mask. Have a great time tomorrow x

Theresa said...

oh i think i do need this mask. both are so useful. are the dew drops hiding some dodgy stars by any chance? ;) hugs xx

Janet Pring said...

Another lovely card, Jo - hope your workshop goes well! xx

rachel said...

cool card Jo - love that you used both parts on the same card xx

Donna Brooks said...

Great card, loving those masks. I wanted to say thank you for your post on the spotlight technique, I used it for my Clarity challenge entry this month. Really enjoyed doing it so I will use this again for sure. Thanks for the inspiration Jo. XX

Sharon said...

That's a great card x

Jo Rice said...

My pleasure Donna, and what a gorgeous card you have made with the technique too...I urge everyone to go over to the Clarity Challenge web site and check it out...like I say just gorgeous, a card to keep and treasure...xxx

frances said...

Love this. What do you keep the mask spots in place with? I love the dew drops. I do wish that one of the design team had workshops in Bucks or Berkshire I could perhaps persuade my husband to move North but what about the grand kids?

Jo Rice said...

Hi Frances, the masks have a sticky back so they stay in place on their own. ...if after a while they get dust, glitter etc on and stop sticking they can be washed, air dried and then they are as good as new......xx