Followers

Tuesday 1 March 2016

It's Spring .

Good afternoon everyone and thanks for popping over for a few minutes. I can hardly believe it , the first day of March and the first official day of Spring....how wonderful...the daffodils are standing proud in my garden and I am awaiting the noise of the frogs 'waking up ' in my pond....

Oh I do love this time of year , so much new life, so much hope of better things to come.

I have had a bit of a Groovi afternoon as I am getting ready for our workshop this Saturday...so I am all chilled out...

Today I thought I would share another sample with you from Barbara's show last Thursday.

I do love these new stamps, and they go so well with many stamps that I already have.

http://www.claritystamp.co.uk/New-In/19675-/Brilliant-Work-Of-Art-+-MASK---Unmounted-Clear-Stamp-Set

I started by stamping the frame...using black Archival ink.

Then added a moon or 'sun' mask and some post it notes to protect the sides of my design.

Then I created a landscape as we usually do..

Using the Wee trees and Wee foliage stamps I added some scenery.

I do love to create scenes like this....there are so many Clarity stamps that would work well at this point..

But I went for the words, and held my breath as I really wanted them to stamp well...phew...

Next came some shrink plastic...now you know how much I love to use this product,,,,I must confess that I stamped the Cockerel, hen and eggs....but when it came to using the heat gun, the naughty Cockerel flew away....I must remember next time and clip his wings first....

Some matting and layering and my design was completed, and Spring colours too,,.

So before I go , I just have time to wish all my Welsh friends a Happy St. David's Day and I will soon you all next month in Anglesey...

Much love and hugs,

Jo. xxx

 

 

10 comments:

Lisapmac said...

Lovely design, I love shrink plastic too xx

fabulous fiona said...

Brilliant! Liking these stamps more and more.

fabulous fiona said...

Brilliant! Liking these stamps more and more.

Jane said...

Great design Jo! I want to have a play with these stamps and will do once the big O have gone!!!! Xxx

Jane said...

Great design Jo! I want to have a play with these stamps and will do once the big O have gone!!!! Xxx

Linda Page said...

Fab Jo. Great design. Love the Cockerell flying off lol x

Linda Page said...

Fab Jo. Great design. Love the Cockerell flying off lol x

Chrissie Roberts said...

Lovely card Jo x

Theresa said...

so crisp and bright, hugs xx

Donna Brooks said...

Love this border and set. The frame will be so useful for lots of stamps. Can't wait to play. Xx