Followers

Tuesday 29 March 2016

Groovi Sunday.

Hi all and thanks for visiting today. I do hope that you had a lovely Easter weekend.

We spent time with friends and family , ate some chocolate and I managed to get time to play with some new Clarity stash....my samples are now in the post....ready for Barbara who is back on Hochanda this coming Sunday and Monday. ....omg....your poor bank account!!!! More must have products.....shhhh. I have said too much already....

Did you manage to catch Paul on Hochanda last Sunday ? , he had three wonderful hours...great demonstrations...if not you can still see the shows on catch up...

I thought I would share one of my samples with you today....

Well my first one for the Groovi shows....now please be gentle, I am not a parchment expert like our lovely Emma and Susan...( do check out their blogs ) ..I am a long way behind them on the Groovi trail...but I am learning all the time....and eager to pass it all on to you...

This is using the new Leafy Swirl and Large netting plates.

I started by making my frames using the nested square plates...remembering to rub the parchment with a tumble dryer sheet first.

And then added the leafy swirl designs...

I love the way that the plates are so interchangeable ...

Followed by the netting....

Then it was deep breath time and some white work. So I turned my mat over and used the no 4 then 3 ball tools.

Next came some colour and I used my Spectrum Noir pencils..., first some green ,

Then some orange....remember that you can colour straight over the back of the white work and it won't affect it at all....

Some matting and layering , and the wonderful corner punch....

Oh now I see that four more of these have arrived at Clarity.....they need to be in my craft room too...

Dare I say ....here is a closer look....mmmm not too close now...!!!!

I am eager to try the pricking and snipping...maybe not this week though....I will build myself up to that...

Better make tracks...jobs still to do today...

Thank you so much for your continued support on my little blog...

I really do appreciate it....

Love and hugs....

Jo. xxx

 

4 comments:

rachel said...

this looks beautiful Jo - really gorgeous - sounds like its a good job I'll be away on Sunday lol! Hugs rachel x

Donna Brooks said...

I have these plates on their way to me. I love the leafy swirl stamp and stencil so I had to have the groovi version. Great way to use it with the frames and netting. XX

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Rachel, hope you have a good weekend....and I know you...you will just buy them anyway.....!!!! lol...xxxx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Donna, you will love them when they arrive...I am looking forward to seeing what you create...so many possibilities ....have a good week....holidays soon....xxx