Followers

Tuesday 29 September 2015

A ballerina in full Color....

Good afternoon , hope you are well....

Thanks for looking in today, I am sat in the hairdressers at the moment....and you know what busy people are like....I just can't sit here and do nothing....

So I thought I would have a catch up with you....

Did you watch my boss lady on Hochanda on Sunday.? ..oh my...what great shows....Well Done Barbara....they were brilliant.

There were some wonderful new stamps and stencils...and so today I thought I would share one of my samples with you that that uses a stamp and a stencil...

Do you know when I was little ( o.k. I know I am still little...!!!, ) when I was younger I always wanted to go to ballet lessons...and I used to dream about being a ballerina....

So I just love these stamps.....

I started by stamping the ballerina using VersaMark ink and then white embossing powder....

This really is one of my favourite techniques....

Then out came the wonderful Color Burst powder....by Ken Oliver..

And some water spritzing...

Now you can faux bleach using water, but for this sample I actually wanted to get right back to the true white of the card underneath....

So for the skin on the ballerina I used am inexpensive bleach and old paintbrush.....

Next for the background.

And introducing the heart background stencil, Raspberry Adirondack ink and a stencil brush ...

Then it was just a matter of putting the two together..and using my charcoal pencils....

See how they add such depth to the design...

Here is a closer look..... See how she pops off the page now.....

And those colours......I so love the Color burst powders....if you haven't tried them yet....I do urge you to get them ( available on the Clarity website) and have a good play....

Before I leave you, I just wanted to share a couple of photos from our dog walk yesterday....

I had the feeling that we were being watched.....

And we were...

I do love to see Mr Heron....

Especially when we are down at the fields and he isn't in my garden near my pond......!!!!!

Better go.....enjoy your afternoon...and call in again soon...

Love and hugs

Jo. xxx

 

12 comments:

Lisapmac said...

Beautiful artwork, great technique indeed, think I'll invest in those charcoal pencils as well, lovely inspiration x

Mrs P said...

Love this one Jo. I also love reading your blog, you're so inspirational.
Like you as a young girl, I longed to have ballet lessons.....and have a pink tutu!!......I can still dream about it, but think I'm a little old to be fulfilling my dream now!!! lol xxx

rachel said...

a stunning sample Jo - I loved many of the new releases from Sunday - such gorgeous stamps and stencils! Glad to see how you used them! Hugs rachel x

Angela said...

Great sample for the stamps and stencils - love it x

Theresa said...

a burst of colour. love the effect the charcoal pencil gives. so what have you had done at the salon then? hugs xx

Naomi said...

So beautiful Jo.

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Naomi, hope you and your family are well...xxx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Theresa, just the usual cut and colour....hugs...xxx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Angela....hugs..xxx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Rachel, you are very kind....hugs back...xxx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Carol....I think we need a tutu party....lol...xxx

Jo Rice said...

Cheers Lisa...oh yes you do need the charcoal pencils....hugs...xxx