Followers

Thursday 15 January 2015

Flower Power...

Good afternoon all, I am sat here with a lovely hot cup of tea listening to the wind, blowing around the garden...is it bad weather were you are today?

I am actually in the middle of packing my bags ready for Clarity Cumbria on Saturday but I thought I would just take five minutes out to have a chat with my friends...oh and share a quick make that I created this morning.....

You see I had a Clarity order delivered on Tuesday afternoon and I have been desperate to play with the new Flower Power stencil since I saw it....

Here is what I came up with....hope you like it....

 

It is a perfect companion for the jo's Bubbles stencil.....so I started with that and a piece of Gelli card...

A stencil brush and some Sail Boat Blue Adirondack ink...this is what you get....

Next the Flower Power stencil and some Radpberry Adirondack ink..

What a lovely effect...

T

 

The corners seemed a little bare so I added some more bubbles....well Circles are the shape of 2015 after all...

Then I repeated the process on a piece of thinner decoupage card plus added some Slate Adirondack ink for depth...,,,Now time for some cutting out...

 

 

I wanted the flowers to stand out more...so out with the black fine liner pen...

 

The design started to take shape once the flowers were added..

 

 

A Clarity butterfly coloured with Spectrum Noir pencils was just the ticket...

 

 

And then some words......".For The Flowers.."..well that fits the bill....don't you think....

And there we have it...

 

I can see so many possibilities with these two stencils.....

I did enjoy my play ....it is great to get new crafty stash and just have fun....you know craft is often used as a form of therapy and really can help lift your mood....when I was a Therapy Radiographer at The Christie Hospital the patients were offered Art Therapy and it was great to see the results ...

Many crafters are actually introduced into crafting because of illness or disability and what a great help it is to them....in fact I was thrilled this morning to receive an email from one of my workshop ladies to say how the time spent in the class has really helped her over a difficult time...and it reminded me of the reason that I started my workshops ....it really warmed my heart....especially at the moment when the world is such a cruel place and there are some horrible people in it...

So surround yourself with lovely people .....and I will leave you with a smile, a hug and that lovely warm feeling in your heart...

Jo. xxx

 

 

 

8 comments:

Yvonne said...

Oh my word!!!! How well these two setencils go together!!! Brilliant discovery Jo.
I have the Spectrum Noir pencils now but haven't used them yet,
What a fantastic piece of work I love it! xxxx

Pam Gantley said...

Stunning as ever! I always have a 'lovely warm feeling' after looking at your designs, there is something very gentle in them.

Theresa said...

what a combo the bubbles and flowers. when i saw that stencil i immediately thought of you. enjoy your workshops, hugs xx

Donna Brooks said...

This is beautiful, and I have both stencils so can play straight away! Pretty colours and the layering is a nice touch. Xx

Unknown said...

Lovely colours, the stencils r so easy.
Thanks Jo have a great weekend. X

Jo Rice said...

Thank you Pam , you are very kind...x

Lynne Bishop said...

Have not got Flower stencil------ yet. Trying to decide if I can wait til NEC but not sure I can. I love your card, colours are beautiful. I am trying to be patient while I wait for a parcel from Clarity. Have a good weekend, hope class goes well. xx

Chrissie Roberts said...

OK try again! (my posts seem to disappear lately)
This is a lovely post Jo, very thoughtful. The card is lovely too. The flower stencil does compliment your bubbles
I hope you are keeping warm and safe in Cumbria and the weather is not too bad (Saturday) as the snow threw itself around us tonight.
((hugs)) x