Followers

Wednesday 16 July 2014

My Stencil Folder..

Good evening everyone....how is your week going? Oh ours got off to a bad start with there being complications and Tess not having her operation for a few weeks now....so Monday morning traffic was a real joy ...twice!!!!

Then Karl flew up to Aberdeen to work on an analyser. Only to find that his bag including all his tools was in Glasgow....and they could only be reunited the following day...

So today I felt like some time for me ...and what better way to do it than go and see my friends at Maria's Craft hub ....oh I did need those hugs....it was so good to spend time chatting, crafting and laughing......and generally catching up with Maria, Linda, Cindie, Jane, Viv to name but a few...

Maria holds this get together twice a month on a Wednesday and it is well worth a visit....also she is having an open day ...so Saturday September 6th is the date to put in your diary.......her brilliant craft hub and shop...is Inkymits Crafts, Unit 23, Price Street Business Park, Birkenhead, CH41 4QJ...and her blog is...

http://inkymits.blogspot.co.uk

Everyone took a project to work on and I do love to see what everyone is doing.

I took my stencil folder to work on.....I made the front and back covers at home and some pages for the Inside at Maria's.

This is the front ....it started life as a piece of grey board, and had colour added using Distress inks...

Then I built up the background with various stencils and inks...

I made a front and a back cover...

Next I added some Clarity stamps using Archival ink.

Finally I added a couple of embellishments and sprayed it with Spray' n' Shine...

Here are some of the pages that I made today...


And


 
And

And this was one that I made at home on my Gelli plate.

Lots of my favourite stencils.

And

As you can imagine my folder is quite thick already....and I have just got a Clarity order with more new stencils....oh goody ....more pages to make....

Thanks for sharing your time with me, enjoy your evening and see you soon,

Love and hugs,

Jo. X

 

 

10 comments:

Chrissie Roberts said...

Lovely way to spend your day. Making beautiful pages of your stencils etc. love the front/back covers too.
Enjoy the rest of the week doing more crafty artwork.
X

Wanda said...

Love it! What a great way to catalogue your stencils. I think I will be giving this a go.

Linda Page said...

love your stencil folder Jo, its a very good idea and its oh so pretty with your favourite colours. Great to finally catch up today xx

Lisapmac said...

Gorgeous love them all , the rainbow colours look fantastic. Hope things improve, Trevor and Jason send sniffs and licks to Tess xx

Cin said...

Oh my word Jo that is absolutely lovely, the cover is stunning and the inside pages are so well done, I wish I had half your talent, it was great having a catch up today hopefully we can do it again soon xx

rachel said...

Hi Jo - sorry to hear about the complications with Tess - hope things go more smoothly next time. Great to see your stencils folder - brilliant. Big hugs Rachel x

Theresa said...

sorry to her about Tess.
this is fab work. love your front and back covers. awesome work xx

Donna Brooks said...

Huuuummmm I feel a massive stencil session may be in my future, what a great way to keep track of the ones I have as my stash grows! Love the colours you use to get that rainbow look, I tend to be a bit safe and stick to one colour. I shall have to be braver and go for ............ two! XX

Linda Simpson said...

Sorry to hear about Tess. Gorgeous stencil file and lovely pages.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Angela said...

Beautiful way to store your stencil designs. I love how you use them. So to hear about Tess. xx