Followers

Monday 3 March 2014

Feed the birds.

Good evening all, I've had a lovely start to the week and have been to Hazel Grove today for our usual Wednesday workshops....and yes, I know it is only Monday but I will be heading up to Glasgow on Wednesday....I am really excited about going to the  the SECC but at the same time a bit nervous.....so I do hope that all you lovely crafters will be gentle with me.....pretty please...
Did you have a good weekend and did you get to watch Barbara on Sunday ? 
Well it was another sell out show.....today, I'm going to share one of my samples with you that was shown on the show....
I used two sets of new stamps ...The garden birds (known affectionately as the 'tits') and the Blossom branch set.
This is the front of the card,


And this is the inside,


Which started life as 3 pieces of Theuva card, I stamped the bird feeders using Black Memento ink. 


Then I added some garden birds and also stamped some on spare card.


I added the sun using Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink, plus some clouds using the Clarity cloud mask and Cloudy Blue Adirondack ink.


Also some land towards the bottom of the card..


On separate card using the Letter Box kit and black Archival ink I stamped the words....Feed The Birds...then cut these out.


Colour was added using my Graph'It markers.


Here are the three panels ....ready to mount onto the card blank..




I stamped and coloured a topper for the front of the card,


Added some glossy accents,


And some bird seed,


I really enjoyed stamping and colouring this card, I do hope that you like it. 
As always, all the Clarity products can be found on the website, plus some of the brilliant samples from fellow Design Team members.
I'm off now to put my feet up and tomorrow will be washing, cooking for the boys and packing for me for the next few days......
Thank you for calling in and for all your support, it really does mean so much...
Crafty hugs....Jo. X 

11 comments:

Yvonne said...

This is gorgeous Jo, I love every detail of it and such a smashing idea to add the bird seed. The three panels are an ingenious idea.
Safe trip to Scotland - enjoy it xxxxxx

Theresa said...

amazing. go girl. you will be fine xx

Lisapmac said...

Stunning Jo, absolutely love this xx

Linda Simpson said...

WOW these are stunning. Love the stamps.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Emma Burns said...

I thought it looked good on TV but it's even better with a closer look. Loved your idea with the bird seed! Looking forward to meeting you on Thursday Jo. Hugs xxxx

Lynne said...

This was my fave from the weekend's shows, Jo. It's fab! Have fun at the SECC. I'm sure you'll be fab too. x

Jo Rice said...

Oh Thanks Lynne, that is such a compliment because as you know I am such a fan of your incredible work...looking forward to catching up with you at Harrogate.....xxxx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Emma, and looking forward to meeting you.....A friendly face will be just what I need...xxx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks, Yvonne, Lisa, Theresa and Linda....it was one of those cards that took all day but didn't bed up on the bin.....( makes a change) hugs...xxxx

Linda Page said...

Jo this is fabulous I loved it when I saw it at the weekend, sorry I wont get to see you this weekend but have a fabulous time in Scotland -- you will be fab xx

Unknown said...

This was my favourite from Sunday's show when Dean opened the card to show the Triptych I gasped out loud it was so beautiful .... of course I ended up buying both sets when I was supposed to be being a good girl....oh what the heck!! Have a good time in Scotland you will be brilliant , I heard Barbara say that you were going to represent her there ... They'll love you and your work as much as I and many others do xxx look forward to hearing about it all xx