Followers

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Workshop.....Film and Fibre


Hi, hope you are having a good Wednesday, at least it's the middle of the week. 
Today, it is the birthday of Wendy one of my regular crafters and the wonderful Alex who is my right hand crafter..so we had an extra special workshop.....oh and cake....thanks Julie...
Have you used film and fibre yet? Or is it one of those products that you have bought and just left on the shelf?
The main thing to remember is to use a permanent ink pad, I recommend the Archival, we used black.. You can use the film on its own, the fibres (shredded film) on its  own, or a combination of both. Glitter etc can also be added. 
Today we used the clarity butterfly stamp and made three butterflies with a combination of film and fibre , do remember to use baking parchment before you iron. We then cut these out, and do save your waste as this can used again. 
This is what we made....
 
 
The first card is a twisted Easel card, where we stamped the butterfly collage stamp in memento ink . This we coloured using ProMarker pens , added a butterfly, this was our topper. The background was stamped using the butterfly stamp and coloured in. A stopper was made and added  using foam pads.
The second card was made by making a mask and using Distress ink and a make up sponge to create the sky. The tag was distressed around the edge and then the sentiment was added. Another brilliant Clarity stamp. A butterfly and card candi were used to add the finishing details. 
 
These cards used inspiration from the fabulous Maria Simms who also showed me how to make the butterfly into a broach. Thanks Maria.....
That's all for tonight,
See you soon. Jo. X 

4 comments:

Louise said...

Gorgeous makes x
I haven't tried film & fibre yet - yes, it's sitting on my shelf ... waiting!
I love the brooche idea too :)

Jane said...

Really looks like you had a brilliant day! Loving the new look of the blog too!!! See you soon. xx

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning Jo, I love butterflies and the card is fantastic. I have used film and fibre and I love them.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Linda said...

These are stunning Jo. Love the Clarity butterfly stamp.
I do like the look of the film and fibre, I have a stash in my drawers, but it is one of those products that doesn't get used much. I forget it's there. You've inspired me to dig it out this week I think. xx