Followers

Friday 14 September 2012

Card Candi Flowers

 
Hi, Friday evening at last, time to relax........
 
 
As promised, I am going to talk you through the way that I make Card Candi flowers.... I must stress that this is just my interpretation....
 
 
All you need is some Card Candi, some Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue and some tweezers.... Oh and a steady hand.....
 
 
I start by using an upside down Candi as my base, I fill this with glue.
I then place 3 Candi in position,
 

Using my tweezers I shape a tube type shape to go in the middle,  the Candi is really easy to shape.
 

I place this in the middle and the glue is strong enough that it stands up. Then I shape more petals , I curl the top edge over and then pinch the lower part.
 
 
These petal shapes are then added , slightly overlapping , until the flower is finished.
 

There are many designs of Card Candi, and many types of flowers can be made. If you are worried about postage, flat flowers can be made by filling
A Candi with glue and then 5 Candi being placed evenly around this. A gem can be added for the centre. 
I hope you have a go at making these....
Thanks for looking in and have a good weekend. Jo. X 

10 comments:

Pat Taylor said...

Oh wow Jo that's fantastic!!! Will have to buy some candi to try it!!! Don't know if my hands are that steady tho!!! Does this stay on your blog forever like so can check it out agai??!!! xxx

Lynne said...

Those flowers look really pretty. I'll have to have a go. Thanks for the tutorial, Jo. x

Jo Rice said...

Hi Pat, yes, I will make sure it does.... Thanks for commenting and will miss you on Sunday. X

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Lynne, I still need to get to grips with the photography bit. ...hope to see you at Harrogate. X

Linda said...

These are so cute Jo. I have loads of Candi, I should give these a go. Thanks for the tutorial. Have a great weekend. xx

sue said...

I've been on the verge of throwing out my candi's, as I didn't like them as fake brads. What a brilliant way to use them!!
Thanks can't wait for a rainy afternoon to have a go.

Conny said...

Your flowers are really nice!!

Hugs,
Conny

Pauline said...

Jo you are so clever ;-) these are fab ! Was lovely to we you yesterday xxx

Dawn said...

Great tutorial! Must try this out!
Hugs
Dawn xx

ruthluvs said...

Love them! Thanks for the tutorial, I'm going to give them a try tonight :)